Friday, December 4, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Sat, Nov 14, 2009at 10 AM
In this hands-on workshop, artists Derek Welch and Jason Bacon share the approach to storytelling they use to create characters for their toy design company UNKL. Imagine a character and sculpt it during class to take home.
Workshop: $35. Advance registration required and available online. Limit 12 participants. For ages 18 and up.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Don Sprague will be conducting a workshop at Chemeketa Community College on November 14th and 15th from 9am to 4pm. Originally the workshop was going to be $50, but now it will be FREE!!!
Contact Jason Laney at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to sign up. Space is limited. I am planning on going and I would be willing to drive if needed.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
The YoungArts Scholarship Registration Deadline has been Extended to OCTOBER 23... If you are a senior and you haven't registered yet, DON'T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!
Exclusive Presidential Scholars in the Arts nominations
$500,000 in total monetary awards
$10,000 YoungArts Gold Awards, $5,000 YoungArts Silver Awards
All-expense-paid trip to Miami for YoungArts Week National Finals: January 11-16, 2010
Master classes with world-renowned artists
$3 million in scholarship opportunities
Registration Deadline Extended: October 23, 2009 by 5PM EST.
Audition/Portfolio Deadline: October 30, 2009 by 5PM EST.
(Ask about our fee waivers)
Monday, October 12, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
20% of all money spent at La Vang during lunch or dinner goes directly to funding art scholarships for Lakeridge students this year!
Please help Lakeridge NAHS by enjoying a delicious Vietnamese meal at La Vang Restaurant.
Be sure to tell your server that you are there to support Lakeridge Art Department!
La Vang Restaurant
17770 SW Pilkington Rd.
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Monday-Saturday 11am to 8pm
Thanks for your support!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
38711 Historic Columbia River Hwy.
Corbett, OR 97019
- Sleeping bag & pillow (I have asked them not to prepare bedding for us because it costs more $. Everyone will have a bed to sleep on…no one will have to sleep on the floor)
- Rain coat or a large plastic bag to wear.
- Hiking shoes
- Alarm clock and a watch (cell service will be spotty)
- Main Dish Potluck Item. This is what we are going to be eating while we are there. There are no restaurants that we can dine in. We have a kitchen and we will use it! I will bring Saturday’s breakfast (eggs, bacon, potatoes)
- A snack to share with everyone
- Code of Conduct Form
Friday, October 2, 2009
See you there!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
- 26 A-Z pictures to your shared folder.
- 5 best potential sculpture pics posted to your blog.
- ALL pics need to be labeled (example: angst.jpg).
- Have a plan for beginning work on this sculpture. Be ready to show sketches and talk to Amy or classmates about your ideas!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
- Please be sure to do the write-up for each gallery as well as the reflection on the trip itself.
- Finish taking your A-Z pictures. You might want to label them in your sketchbook so you can remember the concept you were trying to capture. These will be due next Friday.
Lastly, I am very proud of all of you!! I feel that you really represented Lakeridge, our art department and yourselves very well. Thanks guys, you're the best.
Monday, September 21, 2009
- your fieldtrip form and $5 for the bus so that you CAN go.
- $$ for donuts in the morning and for lunch.
- a digital camera for our A-Z project (due Friday, Oct 2).
- your sketchbook and a pencil
- cell phone (just in case)
I am really looking forward to spending the day with you!!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Who's eligible? Seniors
What can you get? 3 million dollars available in scholarship money, over $500,000 in total cash awards, $10,000 youngARTS gold awards, $5,000 youngARTS silver awards, all-expense paid trip to Miami for National Finals Week, master classes with artists.
Deadline? You must be registered by October 16, 2009 by 5pm.
I will help you assemble a portfolio of work. youngARTS needs to recieve the portfolio no later than October 30th (not postmarked on the 30th)!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Welcome to the 2009-2010 AP 3-D Blog!
I am really pumped for the year. You are all talented, hard-working individuals that have dedicated a portion of your life to creating and enjoying art. This blog will become a tool that we will use as a part of the AP 3-D class to help us communicate with each other. Some of the uses might be on-line critiquing, communication of deadlines, sharing our sources of inspiration, and posting our artwork for friends and family to see.
To start with, you will be creating your own blog which will be linked to this one. You will need to check this blog frequently so that you stay up to date on the happenings of the AP 3-D class, National Art Honor Society, and the Ceramics Club!